Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the wedding

Well, if you've seen my facebook, you've noticed my last name has changed. Crazy huh? Not really, let me tell you our story...

I met W last September while he was subbing for another instructor at the Pilates studio I go to. I was very intrigued by him and impressed with his passion/knowledge but didn't see him again. June of this past year is when things really started going south for me. I had moved out and not sure what was going to happen. I switched my Pilates schedule and found myself in W's class every Friday morning. One weekend, I had an event or something and needed a little extra boost in my workout, so I requested a private session to be scheduled with any of 3 instructors. He was the one that could do it. He still remembers me walking across the parking lot and I remember being a little nervous but then really comfortable. I briefly told him about some restrictions I had due to Chiari and then shared my frustration with never getting relief. He thought he could help me as he is a mesical massage therapist. The first time was only $55 and if it did help, would be WELL worth it. I scheduled my appt and went for my first visit. That hour changed my life. I couldn't even feel my head because I had gotten that much relief. I cried b/c I was so overwhelmed that there was HOPE. He explained to me what the process would be to really get on the road to healing and I eagerly signed up. In those sessions, I really opened up to him b/c I knew that due to client confidentiality, he couldn't say anything to anyone. It was like emotional therapy and he at the same time opened up to me about himself. In just a few short months, I felt like I had a this amazing gift and didn't know what in the world I did to deserve it. Of course knowing my situation, he never charged me for the sessions and he also had 2 other therapists work on me (I later found out that HE was paying but it told me then that it was for research!) I always thought he was amazing but I had already declared to many people that I could never ever get married again and didn't even want to date...ever again. So, I tried to set him up with people I knew but he was never interested. I found out later that he was waiting for me and that he had loved me so much during those times he got to know my heart. When he did ask me out, i was surprised that I wanted to say yes! I talked to my mom about it and she said GO! So I did and it was sooooo great!! So much fun and so comfortable. Once I got over my stubborn attitude about never being with anyone, I felt so much joy. I thought that there was a rule everyone expects of you. You have to be alone and sad and miserable for "x" amount of time and THEN you can move on. But why should I have to be sad and feel sorry for myself when I have this incredible gift waiting for me? So I swallowed my pride and fear of what others thought and have been so so happy ever since. One of the things I love about him the very most is that he is HUNGRY...for spiritual growth, professional growth, personal growth. He's not lazy and has the passion for knowledge and understanding. He is an amazing communicator...which sometimes makes it impossible to "win" an argument but we have truly become a team and why would you want your team mate to lose?? I love us because things aren't always perfect, we've been through a lot in this short time, but it's the way we get through them and grow from them that makes me feel so confident that this is who I am meant to be with. Thank you thank you God!!!
So, we knew we wanted to get married and we wanted to elope, no fuss, just us and our vows to each other. At the last minute, we decided New Years Eve and we hopped in the car and drove to Ft. Myers, FL. My brother in law, Steven would marry us and my sister and nephews would be there. His lifelong friend, Richard aka "Dr. Giggles" hopped on a plane from Nashville and came to stand by him. My dress came in THAT morning and I got ready with my sister. After we got the okay from W, we headed out to the beach. HE was late :) We all walked out there and found our spot and Steven did an AMAZING job with the ceremony. We said our vows and then Jonathan gave W my ring. It was the perfect ring for me. We had an artist in Florida design and create it for us. It's called a "spinner ring". It's a wide silver hammered band with 7 gold spinner bands around it. We also had his rings made by an artist in Canada. It's a leather band...sooo him. BUT, it didn't come in in time for the ceremony so we just pretended. :) It's here now though and so cool. After we kissed and were announced, we heard lots of clapping and realized a circle of people had gathered around us. It was great! My dress was perfect b/c it just blew in the wind and it was okay for it to get dirty. We were sooooo happy and couldn't stop smiling :) It was SOOO real and perfect and what we'd waited for. We had a great lunch with the group and then headed back home. I think it really hit when we stopped for the night and got ONE hotel room.
I now work with him at his clinic and it is ammmmazing. It's just he and I until we bring on a couple more therapists within the next couple of months. We are looking at homes but may rent for about a year until we are for sure what and where we want. Definitely NOT my rat apartment. Stay tuned :)
PS, leave a comment b/c we thought NOONE was reading...I did this post JUST for you Lindz :)

5 comments:

  1. I have been reading, but I'm not a blogger so I didn't think I could comment! I was so surprised when I saw the pictures Kristi posted of the ceremony - that dress was DEVINE by the way - and I have been checking your blog like 10 times a day to see if you would give us the scoop! That's a great story, sounds like it is meant to be. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Thanks for the update...and sorry I'm a stalker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reader!

    Congrats. Kimmie you have been on my heart and mind alot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you that i read it and i think you're amazing!
    also i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading! I am so happy for you Kimmie-I don't (and didn't need to) know what happened, but I have been praying for you.
    God is good. All the time.

    ReplyDelete