Monday, December 7, 2009

Until the whole world hears...

What a great weekend!! I just paused and read that over and over b/c it's so true and it makes me so happy that I really did have a great weekend! It wasn't literally perfect of course but it was truly great!!
Friday night was my bosses Christmas party. Wow, what a home. I can't even begin to decribe it but just to give a glimpse, one of 7 bedrooms had the full 7 pc bedroom set of Mussolini. Yeah. But the most wonderful thing about Friday night was that it SNOWED!!!! I didn't think I would get so excited but it was so fun!! Saturday morning when I woke up, I had the most beautiful sight out my bedroom window. Everything was covered in snow :)
Saturday morning, I got to rejoin the family tradition of going to the Madison Christmas Parade. Again, I didn't think I would be so excited but I couldn't stop smiling and laughing the whole time! We all bundled up and had coffee and hot cocoa. It was so great to hear "Merry Christmas"



Then, Saturday night I got to go see Casting Crowns in concert...



Wow, what a powerful worship experience. It was so encouraging to be in a colliseum full of people who love Jesus. He told the story of the song "Until the whole world hears" and it was so moving. What if we all lived our lives to fulfill our true purpose? To be the light for this dark dark world...until the WHOLE world hears. That's what I want my life to be. Nothing less.

Now, it's back to work on this beautiful, rainy Monday. But what an even greater reminder for me to keep shining bright.

2 comments:

  1. great encouragement. it's rainy and dreary here too. got to be a light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that song! so glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete