Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!!




Wow!!! I am in shock and can not even express how excited we are!!! This has been one of the most joyful days ever!! I could hardly sleep last night because of the anticipation of finding out. I was pretty anxious on the way there b/c I just wanted to know that "it" was healthy and had a strong heartbeat. My parents and his mom met us there and it was amazing for us all to experience it together!! I HIGHLY recommend bringing family to at least one sonogram...especially Grandpa :) Everyone was gathered around and as soon as we saw the heartbeat i was soooo excited!! We were all SHOCKED at how much she has grown in about 3 weeks. We saw EVERYTHING!!!! Her little profile is precious and everything is fully developed! The heart chambers were perfect and her little brain. We have prayed specifically during her brain development that she would not have Chiari. I don't know how I could cope with having a baby go through that pain. So, the baby was sound asleep so the technician decided to get all the measurements (she's 7 inches) while she was still and then she'd wake it up to see what it was. She poked on my belly and OH MY GOODNESS, she strrrrreeeetched her arms and legs and yawned and started moving like crazy and all of a sudden she said "Well, it's a girl"!!!!!! I really expected a drumroll or at least some prep but she blurted it out and we all went nuts. I cried, W was already crying and I think everyone else did too but I was so excited I didn't really notice. i was so convinced it was a boy but W knew from the second we saw the positive test that it was a girl. She went back again and said "Yes, I'm positive it's a girl!!". It was so excited, the tech and the tech in training were having a blast b/c we were all so excited! My mom said next time they'll bring popcorn. LoL.
So, now I can't stop smiling, I am soooo stinkin giddy. W goes between jumping around, smiling and laughing and tearing up. I am soso proud to be having his daughter and could not have dreamed of a better daddy for her. I know we are going to be such a good team!! Willow Kate is going to be so loved.
We've had her name picked out since the day we found out we were expecting. We were at the coffee shop (yes i was drinking coffee cuz i was still in denial) making a list of names and I've always loved the name Kate...I seriously considered changing my name to it a while back, but I didn't want it for her first name. We were sitting there and I just said "Willow...." and he was like OHMYGOSH thats it!!!!! So we fell in love with the name Willow Kate. Our little hippie baby :) I'm so excited b/c I've NEVER heard of that for a little girls name but I don't think it's SO weird, especially with all the other unique names out there.
I know I must be rambling. W and I both feel like we're out of our bodies and can't get grounded. We are truly on could 100. We feel so much more protective of her now that we've seen her and know she's a girl. And i suddenly can't wait to get our home in order and her nursery ready!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any pre-baby tips you have, let me know!!!!!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any pre-baby tips, but yay for Baby Willow! LOVE LOVE LOVE that name!!

    ReplyDelete