Tuesday, February 23, 2010

come on girls

so my heart is kinda burdened by something and i wanted to share. it may sounds a bit "off" coming from me, but i believe that marriage is so so sacred. i take my union with w so seriously and respect everything that we vowed to each other and beyond. what is bothering me is that i see almost constantly women and men who are not married (and usually married to other people) talking about such inappropriate things. whether it's a dirty joke or talking about body parts, etc, it makes me so upset. i would never ever talk to another guy about my trip to the gyno or shopping for bras or whatever would make him look at or think of me in an inappropriate way. and it's cuz i am williams and i am not going to offer myself to anyone else...physically or even with thoughts that could be taken the wrong way. women love my husband and he is in a world that is mostly dominated my women. not only is he a massage therapist, he's also a pilates instructor so the majority of his clients are women. he is so great with them and they probably get so sick of hearing him talk about me but it just doesn't seem to stop them from crossing the line. don't tell my husband you like his underwear, even if you're trying to be funny. don't tell my husband you want to take stripping lessons and "maybe your wife would do it with me". it's just so disrespectful to me and also to him to even put that temptation for thoughts to wander out there. i do believe that most of these comments were said "innocently" if thats possible, but that's what makes it even more sad...that's what our world has come to. we just got cable (i haven't had it in about 8 months) so i'm watching these shows and just disgusted by what's "normal". am i the ONLY one who feels this way?? women, if a man is with a women, RESPECT her and yourself by really thinking before you share details or ask questions. and men, PLEASE respect you wives by not entertaining this type of behavior, don't worry about hurting her feelings, remember the commitment you have to your wife!! for the record, w has been wonderful about this and there are no issues about how things are dealt with but it's something that we will probably unfortunately always have around us. just something i've been thinking about and wanted to get it out. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Well said. And I totally agree.

    Also, for men AND women...don't put yourself in a situation where you are alone with someone of the opposite sex that's not your spouse! Even your pastor! We have to avoid the appearance of evil, and just don't even subject yourself to the temptations...however innocent it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too!! Everyone calls me a prude because I don't like dirty jokes in mixed company and because I think the stuff on TV is pathetic. But I don't care.

    I won't even go to lunch with guys in my office unless another girl goes. I would rather just eat my easy-mac by myself :)

    And I got so mad when all of the girls were posting their bra colors on facebook for breast cancer awareness. There is NO reason anyone but your husband should know what your bra color is. Steve would have flipped if he thought other guys were thinking about my bra because I put the color on facebook. Wouldn't it be more effective to say "I am aware of breast cancer" instead of just putting the color and making everyone figure out what it meant and causing it to be a big deal. I think we are all aware of breast cancer.

    Kimmie, tell those girls who want to stripping lessons to please stop talking and using up valuable oxygen.

    ReplyDelete