Wednesday, February 24, 2010

from kristi :)

When we first moved to fort myers (4 years ago) i was so determined to meet people outside the church. I never wanted to fall into a "comfort zone" and miss out on an opportunity to share Jesus. Of course we have a lot of church friends and they are some of our dearest friends but i wanted to go beyond that. The first year we lived here i met so many people at the park and different play places around town. We definately are blessed with a ton of kid friendly places. Never boring!! My closest friends became 3 of those moms i met outside the church. Well within the next 2 years all 3 of them moved far away because of their husbands jobs. This was really hard for me, really sad. I didn't want to have to start all over again and make new friends. ya know? So when we would go to the park or wherever i didn't really look for people to meet. That's so horrible. I probably missed out on a lot of opportunities. In the meantime i did get a lot closer to some of my church friends which has turned out to be a huge blessing. :) Fast forward to yesterday. We decided to go to pump it up in the morning. Some friends of ours came so we had a super good time. There were 5 minutes left before they shut down the open play time and i couldn't ignore God telling me to talk to the woman standing beside me. Ugh!!! haha
I turned around and started talking to her! Long story short we all went to lunch together and have a plan to hang out again soon. I was excited because i knew this could be the beginning of many opportunities and a great friendship. Last night we decided to go out to eat because we had some valentines money from Stevens mom and dad :) We went to Tokyo Bay where they cook in front of you. At our table was a few other people and then a mom and her son. Long story short again we had great conversation and have planned to hang out this weekend. I'm thankful to meet some new people and feel very blessed that God is using me to share Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment