Saturday, June 19, 2010

ATL

We had the BEST weekend on our little work/play getaway. We worked Thursday and I had the car all loaded so we could take off after our last appt. We had decided to just drive to wherever and stop when we got tired so we ended up about 30 minutes out of Atlanta. The trip FLEW by for both of us...no radio, just talking :) We leaded out the next morning and drove straight to IKEA. We looove IKEA for little accessories and simple pieces so we knew we would load up.
3ish hours later, we headed to Atlantic Station for lunch at a little Bistro and enjoyed sitting outside people watching.
We got to our hotel which was where W's CEU classes were and it was awful. We asked to look at a room and W said he could NOT leave us in there so we found a super cute one across the street and we got upgraded and $40 knocked off for our "trouble"!! He had night classes that night and after we realized Atlanta is an hour AHEAD, we realized he had to be there in about 15 minutes to rush over there. Willow and I chilled and then W brought us dinner.
I haven't been doing to great on my little outings these days (get dizzy and light headed alot) so I wasn't sure how to plan my days. I decided to just chill out by the pool on Saturday and he came and visited me for lunch. After that I thought I'd venture out for about an hour so I found a Forever 21 and got a couple things but headed straight back just in case. We went to Atlantic Station again that night for dinner and walked around their little street market. W got me the coolest bracelet! Oh I forgot, BEFORE that, W had asked me to come to his class b/c he wanted his instructor to show him how to best help my ribs. Well, she decided to "experiment" with these little herbal things that you light with a lighter and then suction to your skin. She had them lined up all down my back and ribs and they were like little smoke signals. It didn't help the pain but I was sooooo relaxed. I felt like I'd had a hit of demoral or something. She also put accupressure beads on my ear to help with headache and I was to leave them on for 5 days. The next morning I woke up super sick and realized one of them had come off so she said it could have caused an imbalance and I did the right thing by taking the rest off.



Sunday was his last day of class and I met his group for lunch. He was done around 4 or 5 and we drove to Bham. We stayed at aloft hotel and it's sooooooo cute. We had dinner at Jackson's (a place in nashville i love) and had AMAZING cookie dough egg rolls for dessert. They sound gross but it's raw cookie dough rolled in a thin pastry (like phyllo) with icecream on top. We could only eat a couple bites but he HAD to try it!!
Monday, we were in no rush to get back so we went to the Summit and had lunch (the BIGGEST salad ever at CPK) and browsed in a few stores. I finally found a diaper bag for wk! It's from GAP and was way on sale and it's white with brown leather details and kind denimy and so cute!! We headed home and again the trip just flew by. It was soooo nice to be able to mix work and play like that!
We've had a BUSY week since we've been back in the office! Yesterday I was on our bank account page and saw some weird transactions and realized someone in GEORGIA was using our debit card!!! They had already charged about $1200, including a nice little snack at cracker barrel. Ugh. Luckily we have the most amazing bank and "banker" that immediately took care of it. We caught it just in time, thank goodness!
We finally have our hot tub up and running and it's been sooooooo nice to chill out in the evenings and mornings. It's set on the perfect temp so it's just warm enough to relax your muscles but not to get over heated. And of course with WK, thats important! :)

We're going to do a super fun "boho inspired" belly shoot today with my bf Jenny McNeill. She's sooo talented and I can't wait to see what she has up her lil sleeve!!

WK and I are very excited for Father's Day tomorrow! We have a lot of little surprises in the works ;)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment