Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Elvis

This past weekend was the annual ELVIS FEST in my boys hometown of Tupelo, MS. Even though a lot of our family lives there, I've never been so I was pretty excited to go and meet a lot more of w's friends. His sister, Melinda and nephew Ben came into town on Thursday from Dallas and stayed the night with us. His mom and stepdad also drove in for dinner. Since I don't have matching dishes (ha!) I decided not to cook and we went for some Asian Fusion. YUM, everyone loved it! Melinda and Ben headed out Friday afternoon and we headed out early Saturday. The parade started at 10 and by the time we arrived at 10:30 it was over so we found Melinda and W's dad and walked around for a bit. It was SO hot out so we decided to cool off for a bit at "The Ice House". This is an old ice distribution company that W worked for as a teenager and the owner is a dear family friend that has turned it into sort of a venue for the locals to hang out/entertain. They had performers all day and yummy BBQ. It seemed like everyone was connected in some way and they made me feel so welcome. Melinda and I went for a little shopping excursion at Reed's and then it was nap time for everyone :) We got a hotel right down the street so we crashed for several hours until we went back to The Ice House that night. Ben ended up getting sick (thanks to uncle w's icecream eating challenge) so he and Melinda stayed in. Some other life long friends were able to join us and it was SO nice to sit around a visit with them and enjoy the music. W's dad even sang a couple of songs. He was quite the traveling performer back in the day! It was after midnight before we left (thats late for us old-timers) so we had no problem crashing that night. Sunday we brought breakfast over to his dads and then headed home. We went the Trace and just took our time to enjoy eachother and the scenery. W even stopped to pick me wildflowers. They are my absolute favorite and I think it's so strange that someone would rather buy flowers than get them from nature. :) When we got home, I felt like i'd been hit by a truck so we had a really nice evening at home relaxing.
Monday was back to the grind and we're so thankful we have a FULL week!! It's a short week though b/c we leave Thursday afternoon for Atlanta where he has CEU's. I think it's Continued Educational Units? He has to have a certain amount every year so it's nice to get them done before Willow arrives.
Speaking of Willow Kate, we had a GREAT report from the Dr. He was very pleased and I don't have to go every week anymore!! It was soooo neat to see her this time b/c she had hiccups while the sono was on her. It was soooo stinkin cute!!!!! And for the first time, I noticed her chubby little cheeks. We got to see her straight on and it wasn't as creepy this time now that she has more fat on her. Before she was just skeleton and it looked weird :) She been good and I've only been crampy twice but it was after having a full day! She gets hiccups at least twice a dat and its soooooo amazing to watch my belly twitch and know that it is my daughter in there!! We can not wait to hold her!!
We have enough situated for me to feel good about her coming home. I mainly wanted her carseat/stroller, blankets and onesies but we also have her stroller,swing, bathtub and lots of cute outfits for her and her essentials like diapers, wipes, baby shampoo, etc. I'm not worrying about having things we can get later like a highchair or bumbo b/c i know it will be a while before she can even use those. I think I'm gonna pack our hospital bag this week just to be safe :)
I think thats all...now going to decide what to make for dinner....

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment