Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend

Kristi is on a mission trip but she WILL be posting ALL about her life when she returns. Otherwise, I am posting a "cute" video I've got stashed away for times like these ;)

This weekend was full of excitement. We've had a baby shower in Tupelo planned for us for a while now but I don't think either of us realized how far along I'd be. Since we were there on his dads B-day weekend, we went up a day early (Friday) and had a surprise bday dinner for his dad. We left at about 4 and on the way there, I started getting pretty uncomfortable. I was having a lot of new lower pack pain that wrapped around my lower abs so we got out and walked around about half way. The closer we got to Tupelo, the more it went from uncomfortable to pretty painful. We went straight to the restaurant and the pain got worse and worse and my belly would get so tight and when it got to the point that it was hard to talk, we went outside and called my mom. She said to call the DRs office just to let them know. The nurse on call called us right back and said to go ahead and get to the ER just to be monitored. We checked in and they were sooo sweet. It's hospital policy that they have to transfer me to the women's place by ambulance so I was glad when the nice men let me ride up front. I told them I reallly didn't want to ride where all the blood and guts have been. W followed us over there and by that time, I didn't fuss about riding in the wheelchair. They brought me to L&D and the nurse came and hooked me up to the heart rate monitor and contraction monitor. Her heart was as perfect as ever and they monitored my contractions for about 30 minutes before the Dr came in. He was SOOO kind and it was his last night of OB before retiring. He showed me the contractions on the paper and after the exam and no dilation that it was probably caused by the car ride and dehydration. He gave me some Benadryll to help me relax and encouraged me to come back anytime that I felt bad so we left and went to go find a hotel room. I guess there was a big baseball competiton so the first 3 hotels we checked were full. Finally we checked in at a Hilton and I could hardly walk up to the room. Dramatic, huh? Whatev, it hurt. I stayed in bed ALL day on Saturday to rest up for our shower that night and W was right beside me, except when I forced him to go have lunch with one of his bf's. At about 4, I felt pretty much back to normal so I started getting ready. The shower was at a dear family friends house and it was beautiful. They held it in the courtyard and it was just soso nice to meet all of these people I've heard about for so long. It was a couples shower and such a big turnout, I was surprised. It was amazing to hear and see how loved and respected my husband is, even though he was CRAZY growing up. Boy did I hear some stories!! Everyone was so welcoming of me and so happy for our family. I sat down a little bit but after about 3 1/2 hours I couldn't do it anymore and W knew we has pushed it so we said our thank you's and goodbyes and went back to rest. Sunday we didn't rush and at around 11 we went back to their house to pick up our presents and visit over coffee for a bit. Again, it was so good to finally know these special people. We had lunch and headed back. W had set up a little "bed" in the back so I could lay down but I was so antsy it didn't last too long :)

Since everything turned out well, we are kind of thankful that we had the little scare b/c we realize Willow Kate IS coming and may not wait until her due date so we kicked it into high gear when we got home. BIG things are happening with our business that I'll be able to talk about more later so we are kicking it into overdrive to get some things settled before she comes. I've been taking it a lot easier but it is SO HARD. Especially with your own business b/c it's completely up to you to get things done. I ordered an iPad today so that I can work a lot easier away from the office. Last night, my dad took me to Babies R Us to get some must haves for Willow's arrival. I have everything washed and ready so her room is all ready and everytime I walk by, I get the biggest smile on my face. I sit in her rocking chair and talk to her and I get so excited thinking about meeing her.

We had our checkup this morning and they did the testing on her with sonogram. There were 4 tests but the only one I remember is her breathing test. That perfectly formed little girl took big breaths and scored and 8 out of 8!!! She's 4 lbs 11 oz and healthy as can be with a full head of thick hair. I just love day dreamin about what color it will be and whose eyes and nose she will have. Dr. Wooley said he would go ahead and put down August 5th for the c-section but he'll be very surprised if she waits that long. I'm excited in a way but I thought that since she was scheduled, I'd get to skip "going into labor". Oh well, at least I can say I went though it! So we are packing our hospital bags and ready to go. I feel like my instincts are getting my body ready for something big. Just little things happening that are new and different so I'm guessing a couple weeks from now, we might see something happen. Who knows. I know God is in absolute control as He has been since before we even knew about her.

We start the weekly appointments now so we'll see how we progress. :)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment